I bought an Tamiya Neo Scorcher which is based on the TT-02B chassis! It’s a 1/10 scale shaft driven 4WD chassis. It’s comes unassembled, so you have to do the assembling yourself. The Tamiya TT-02B chassis is highly upgradable. There are all sorts of aluminum, graphene, FRP and carbon parts available, therefor I did buy some upgrades before starting the assembly of the Tamiya Neo Scorcher TT-02B. In time I will do more and more upgrades which makes it fun also I think!
Tamiya has a really good manual on how to assemble the Tamiya Neo Scorcher TT-02B kit, therefor I’m only posting some picture of my progress.
Upgrades so far!
- TT-02B / TT-01 Full bearing set [OP-497] (necessary I think).
- TT-02 Aluminum Propeller Joint [OP-1502].
- TT-02 Aluminum Propeller Shaft [OP-1501].
- TT-02B FRP Rear Damper Stay Set [OP-1557].
- TT-02B FRP Front Damper Stay Set [OP-1556].
2. Assembling the driveshaft with spur gear
3. Drive shaft assembled!
4. Assembling the differentials (2x)
5. Differentials and gear covers assembled.
6. Assembly of the lower suspension arms [OP-1815], TT-02B FRP Rear Damper Stay Set [OP-1557], TT-02B FRP Front Damper Stay Set [OP-1556] and the front and rear bumper!
7. Now its time for the front and rear uprights, dog bones etc.
8. Assembling the shock absorbers!
HSP / RC Instructions
HSP 94123 Chassis build instruction
RC Rebuilds / Tamiya
Tamiya Gravel Hound (DF-02) Rebuild
RC car reviews / Upgrades
HBX Protector (12815) Brushless Upgrade!
HBX / Upgrades
HBX Hailstorm (18858) brushless upgrade 54 km/h
RC car reviews / ZD-Racing
ZD-Racing MT-8 (Pirates 3)
RC Rebuilds / ZD-Racing
ZD-Racing Thunder ZMT-10 Rebuild!
RC Builds / Tamiya
Tamiya TT-02 On-road to Monster truck Conversion