Recently I bought this Tamiya Super Hotshot together wit an Tamiya hotshot II and an Tamiya Thundershot frame. In this post i will be rebuilding the Super hotshot. But looking at pictures and some manuals i think this is an Tamiya Supershot. As you can see in the pictures a lot of parts are missing but i think i have collected all the parts that i need for this rebuild.
These older cars are a bit more complicated then the newer cars i find. There are quite some parts and i’m trying to reuse most of the parts. Later in the post i will make an list with all the new parts.
Rear gearbox assembly. All the gears are in good condition
It’s slowly coming together. I probably should paint the little guy now but i’m a bit lacy, so i’m going to leave as it is for now. The only thing, so far, that could be a problem are the front drive shafts. I bought a new set but the diameter is smaller than the old ones. I think the original drive shafts are not sold anymore but maybe the popup somewhere for sale!
At this point i’m also thinking about the color for the body. I don’t like the original gray color! If somebody has an idea for a color please let me know!
- 3 x 50 mm both screw shaft (1 piece) * After parts * 
- 3×71mm Double screw shaft (1 piece) * Aftermarket parts * 
- Set plate (4 pieces) *After-parts* 
- Gear case guard * After-parts * 
- 4 x 22mm pipe (1 piece) * After parts * 
- Hot Shot D Parts (1 piece) * After Parts * 
- Hot Shot Front Drive Shaft (2) After Parts 
- Hot shot ball plate (4 pieces) *After parts* 
- Hot Shot Suspension Arm (2 pcs) *After Parts* 
- Hot Shot E Parts * After Parts * 
- Hot Shot Battery Plate *After Parts* 
- Off-road block tires (rear) (2) (hot shot) * After-parts * 
- Off-road block tires (front) (2) (hot shot) *After parts* 
- Hot Shot Chassis/Mechanical Box *After-parts* 
- Superhot short F part aftermarket 
- R part (hotshot) After part 
- Undergard (hotshot) aftermarket 
- Superhot Body/Wing After 
The latest update!
Next thing to do is installing the motor and painting the body and take it out for a spin!